Hangzhou Lohand Biological Co.,Ltd Add: Zhejiang Hangzhou Jianggan 4F,Bldg 7,No.63,Jiuhuan Rd,Jiubao Town,Jianggan Dist Tel: +86-571-85050999 Mob: +8613123950066 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PH meter maintenance:
1.pH glass electrode storage
Short-term: stored in pH = 4 buffer solution;
Long term: Store in pH = 7 buffer solution.
2. pH glass electrode cleaning
Contamination of the glass electrode bulb may increase electrode response time. Available CCl4 or soap decontamination, and then immersed in distilled water after a day and night continue to use. Pollution is serious, you can use 5% HF solution soak for 10 to 20 minutes, rinse immediately with water, and then immersed in 0.1N HCl solution day and night continue to use.
3.glass electrode aging treatment
The aging of the glass electrode is related to the gradual change of the adhesive layer structure. The old electrode slow response, high membrane resistance, low slope. Etching the outer layer with hydrofluoric acid often improves electrode performance. If you can use this method to regularly clear the inner and outer layers, the life of the electrode is almost unlimited.
4. reference electrode storage
Silver - silver chloride electrode is the best storage solution is saturated potassium chloride solution, high concentrations of potassium chloride solution can prevent the precipitation of silver chloride in the liquid junction, and maintain liquid junction in working condition. This method is also suitable for the storage of composite electrodes.
5. the reference electrode regeneration
The vast majority of problems caused by the reference electrode is caused by the clogging of the liquid junction, can be solved by the following methods:
(1) immersion liquid junction: with 10% saturated potassium chloride solution and 90% distilled water mixture, heated to 60 ~ 70 ℃, the electrode immersed in about 5cm, soak 20 minutes to 1 hour. This method solves the electrode tip crystallization.
(2) Ammonia soaking: When the liquid junction is clogged with silver chloride, it can be leached with concentrated ammonia. The specific method is to flusher the electrode, after the liquid is drained, immerse it in ammonia for 10 to 20 minutes, but do not allow ammonia to enter the interior of the electrode. Remove the electrode washed with distilled water, re-fill the liquid and continue to use.
(3) vacuum method: the hose trap reference electrode junction, the use of water suction pump, the suction part of the liquid through the liquid access junction, remove mechanical blockage.
(4) boiled liquid junction: Silver - silver chloride reference electrode junction immersed in boiling water for 10 to 20 seconds. Note that the electrode should be cooled to room temperature before the next boiling.
(5) When the above method is invalid, you can use sandpaper grinding mechanical method to remove clogging. This method may cause abrasive sand into the liquid junction. Causes permanent blockage.
The company specializes in producing all kinds of ph meter, welcome to consult procurement.